Pinellas County Schools and the Pinellas Education Foundation are seeking business partners to host student interns in the Summer Career Acceleration Program.
Learn more on Thursday, February 28, 2-3 p.m., Stavros Institute, 12100 Starkey Road, Largo
• Students will work 20 hours per week on the days and times that are needed by the employer.
• The student intern will be paid by a grant. There is no cost to the employer.
• The intern must be able to attend industry certification training from either 8-11 a.m. or 1-4 p. m., Monday to Thursday
during the internship.
• Students interns will begin work on or after May 30, 2019, and conclude by July 18, 2019 (140 hour total).
• Business owners are responsible for:
o Having a single point of contact for communication
o Participating in a job placement fair in April
o Attending an orientation in May
o Reinforcing workplace readiness skills in the workplace
o Reinforcing successful completion of the industry certification program
Student Intern Profile:
• Rising 12th grade student in Pinellas County Schools, 16-18 years old.
• Students who will likely need to work upon high school graduation who are not currently enrolled in an industry certificate program.
February 28 – Summer Career Acceleration Program Kick Off
March 15 – Business Partner Commitment Deadline
April – Job Placement Fairs (north and south county locations)
May – Student Intern and Employer Orientations (multiple)
June 3- July 18 – Industry Certification Training
July 18 – Internship Ends