Through the support of businesses, civic groups, a myriad of organizations and individuals who care enough to invest their resources in the future of our school children, the Pinellas Take Stock in Children Scholarship program, in partnership with the statewide Take Stock in Children program, is giving low-income students the opportunity to work toward the attainable goal of a college education. While TSIC provides those necessary college tuition funds, this comprehensive program offers so much more including mentors who provide inspiration and guidance and school-based ambassadors who monitor student progress and enhance student learning through enrichment activities.
Donor contributions are matched dollar-for-dollar by the Florida Prepaid Foundation. That means that every contribution, no matter the size, will be doubled in value. Currently, the cost of a full scholarship is $6,000 which will be fully matched to fund one deserving student's college education.
Take Stock in Children Dorm Scholarship
The Take Stock in Children Dorm Scholarship Application is now available for the Class of 2014! There are over 380 2-year Florida Prepaid Dormitory scholarships available statewide for Take Stock in Children students that are graduating in 2014.
To be qualified, students:
- Will attend a Florida Public University after high school beginning in Fall 2014.
- Have proof of acceptance by the April 4, 2014 deadline.
- Must use the dorm plan scholarship in the 2 years immediately following high school graduation, beginning in Fall 2014.
- Must be a current, compliant Take Stock in Children Scholar graduating in 2014.
Deadline for application submission is April 4, 2014 – Applications and any supporting documents (high school transcripts and university acceptance letters) are due to the Pinellas Education Foundation, located at 12090 Starkey Road, Largo, FL 33771. Please send attention to TSIC Dorm Scholarship.
Selected students will be notified by June 1, 2014
Please thoroughly review the TSIC Class of 2014 Dorm Scholarship Instructions and Application by clicking the links below. You may request a paper application by sending your request to email@example.com or by calling 727-588-4816 x 2123.
TSIC Pinellas Dorm Scholarship Application Instructions
TSIC Pinellas Dorm Scholarship Application 2013-14
Take Stock in Children Scholars
- Students may be nominated for a TSIC Scholarship in grades 6 - 10. If awarded, they will receive the opportunity for a two-year college tuition scholarship or technical school training by fulfilling a contractual obligation to attend school regularly, maintain at least a "C" in all classes, study for tests, complete homework assignments and remain crime and drug free.
- Currently, there are more than 1,450 TSIC graduates that are now achieving success at many of our Florida colleges and universities.
- There are approximately 40,000 students in Pinellas County who are eligible for TSIC Scholarships.
Follow the TSIC Scholarship on